Market Timing

Stock Market timings : Pre open trade from 09:00 ~ 09:15 hours | Market Opens at: 09:15 hours and Closes at: 03:30 hours

Translate

TODAY'S POST


Sunday 15 February 2015

TAKE SMALL STEPS TODAY

We are all aware of the artistic genius that was Michelangelo and his most beautiful piece of work: the Sistine chapel in Rome.
Before you think there’s no link of him to money, let me assure you there isn't; but for this beautiful quote of his that cannot emphasise more the value of time.
I've often heard friends /clients say " I'll start saving once I get married, I'll start saving once I'm 30, I'll start saving once the sun rises from the west " etc.. The excuses are many.
The only thing that one is hence losing is time.
Let me explain it in a crude manner :
1. Monthly savings: let's say I think 3000 is too small an amount to save every month and I shall wait once I have a lakh or so to start saving. In a perfectly sensible scenario I would start saving 3000 rs a month which translates to 36,000 annually and with a small interest component could mean a saving of 40,000 a year. Yes, for a large part of people 3000 rupees means one weekend exp/ or one trip to a High street fashion store. The perfect Time to start monthly savings is now ! This has nothing to do with age / timing etc. the perfect time to start is today, no amount is too small!
2. Cost of insurance: the cost of a term insurance for a perfectly healthy male of 27 for a sum assured of 1cr is around 13,000 ( offline insurance ) , while this person chooses to wait and takes an insurance at 31 once he has fixed that date for his life to change the cost of the same insurance is around 20,000 rupees. In the scenario that he got a high BP/ diabetes (yes, these days you get at even such an early age) in this period of 4 years he will be rated up on the policy and his premium increased.
It is imperative to start saving when you are young so as to insure yourself from all future risks. It Is a very simple and logical way to progress and I've tried to put it very simply . It is small changes that we do in time that make sure we are well protected .

No comments:

Post a Comment